The ATO has released a step-by-step guide for business owners looking to enrol and apply for the JobKeeper payment.
Businesses can enrol for the JobKeeper from 20 April 2020 using the Business Portal.
See the following steps in order to get ready:
How do employers make a claim?
1. Click here to apply and register intention.
2. Click here to check if you and your employees meet the eligibility requirements.
3. From 20 April 2020, you can enrol with the ATO for the JobKeeper payment using the Business Portal and authenticate with myGovID. You must do this by the end of April to claim JobKeeper payments for April.
4. Obtain a notification from each employee, confirming the employee’s consent to being included in the employer’s JobKeeper application. Click here to download form.
5. Notify the ATO that it wants to participate by 26 April 2020 if it wants to participate from the commencement of the scheme on 30 March 2020. Otherwise businesses must notify its participation before the end of the first JobKeeper fortnight for which it wants to participate.
6. Provide details of eligible employees for each fortnight to the ATO in the approved form. The ATO will use Single Touch Payroll data.
7. Notify eligible employees within 7 days of each fortnightly claim for the subsidy.
8. Report monthly to the ATO by the 7th of each month on its GST turnover for the previous month, and its projected GST turnover for the coming month
Click here to view our latest fact sheet on JobKeeper payments.
For all non business and business incentives please click here to see our summary of fact sheets released to date.
Please contact your Harris Black team member if you require any assistance.